5/21/11

Memorial Day Decorating w/Subway Art.

It's the words.. the words enhance the decoration, or do they make the decoration?  I have become addicted to "Subway Style Art" for decorating. 

Our most patriotic holidays are just ahead.. Memorial Day and 4th of July. It simply seemed appropriate to create some decor using the "Subway" style seeing as there are such descriptive words that match those celebrations..


It's so red white and blue..



I created this embroidery file to fit the large hoop.. for my Brother... 71/2 x 11 1/2  so it makes a nice "tag" for the door.  Something different than the standard grape vine type wreath..   I think it has a nice summer cottage appeal. 

While this is a large piece..  I have a few more decorations coming shortly that will be for the smaller hoops..  


Enjoy this free file and I would love if you would become a "follower". Just Click the follow button on the left column.. 

Here is the Download File for this Red.. White and Blue Design..








Celebrate with me as we participate in the parties below..

Katie's Nesting Spot    

Photobucket UndertheTableandDreaming  

 
               
Photobucket    Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing    

12 comments:

  1. Patty, it's a beautiful work of art. You are very talented to be able to create that kind of art. Thanks for calling it to my attention. Be sure to visit my blog soon. Thanks!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love it :) Stopping by from Tater Tots & Jello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love it! I am now a follower. I am also hosting a link party for Memorial day to support the troops. Hope to see you there!!!!
    http://ladeedacreations.com/2011/05/step-it-up-for-the-troops/
    Also, you are so kind to share this download. My hubby is a Commander in the Navy so we always celebrate patriotic holidays in honor of him, so I will just have to use this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty! Looks like you are having fun crafting. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm you're newest follower,, very nice project,, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sign. I've been wanting to make something like this for a long time, but for some reason I never get around to it! ;)I'm visiting from Debbiedoos and am now following you.

    Melanie
    youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Patty - Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words. I love the tags you are creating, especially the baby ones. I wish I could do machine embroidery but I'm not sure which hobby I'd give up to do a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, it looks like your blog has grown a lot since last time I visited! I really love the door hanging, and what a fun giveaway!

    Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, so I just saw this fun contest, and thought I would pass along the info since you are a wiz at embroidery!

    http://www.prudentbaby.com/2011/05/prudent-baby-use-your-words-contest.html

    Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty tag - very patriotic! Love it!! I stopped by from The Sundae Scoop, I've posted a project there too!
    Hugs, antonella :-)
    http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/05/wacky-wednesday-hug-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patty, This is such a unique take on subway art - love the embroidery. Thanks for sharing the download. Very festive and prefect for the upcoming holiday. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase party – I greatly appreciate it. I hope you don’t mind that I have included this in today’s features. Hope you have a lovely holiday weekend ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your work! Thank you so much for sharing the designs!

    One question - how do you finish the back? Or do you? Just want to know before I get started.

    Thanks again - I can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...